The Kreyos meteor smartwatch launched on Kickstarter on June 23, 2013 and raised over $1.5 million by the time the campaign had ended on August 12, 2013. The watch is similar to the Galaxy Gear, one of the most popular smartwatches due to its successful ad campaign. The watch is expected to include both voice and gesture control, will have a fitness tracker.
While the watch was supposed to ship to IndieGoGo backers in November, the product has experienced continuous delays and the company is now targeting April. Many backers have become frustrated with the company's continued delays and many have asked for a refund on Indiegogo and the Kreyos Facebook page.
- Models: One (multiple colors)
- Pricing: $149 pre-order
- Management team: not identified
- Status: Shipping in November 2013 to Kickstarter backers + Pre-orders shipping until March 2014
- Third-party apps: Yes (developer site yet to launch)
- Differentiators: voice and gesture control
- 150 mah Lithium Rechargeable Battery (7 days battery life)
- Connect “on-the-go” with your iPhone, Android, or Windows 8 smartphone via BluetoothReceived notification in 8 different Unicode languages. Font support.
- Open app developer platform (not launched yet)
- Lost phone alert function notifies Meteor if you go out of range.
- Ultra Low Power MCU
- Ultra Low Power 1.26 Inch Memory LCD Screen 144 x 168 pixel
- 4 Waterproof Buttons
- Vibrating motor
- Bluetooth 2.1+ EDR and 4.0 (Low Energy)
- 6-Axis Accelerometer & Gyrometer
- Water-Resistant Mini Speaker
- Water-Resistant MEMS Microphone with HIGH SNR and Flat-Wide Band frequency response
- Water resistant - Good for swimming and shower (ATMs: TBD)
- USB Interface for Charging and Watch OS Update