José grew up both in Panama City, Panama as well as New Orleans, Louisiana. From a young age he wanted to work in sports and after stints at major advertising agencies and a few moves back and forth from the U.S. to Panama due to work visa issues, he finally landed his dream gig in Houston.
The two touch on the importance of making your own work and tailoring your portfolio to the sports industry if you are interested in working in sports.
"Find your passion, hone it and strive to be better every day"
- Publiquatro / Ogilvy (agency once owned by Foote Cone Belding, now owned by Ogilvy)
- Siboney USA
- Foote Cone Belding (FCB)
- Dan Simon of Studio Simon
- Adam's Montgomery County Indians branding
- Steve Vollmer, Jr.
- Todd Radom
- Houston Rockets secondary logo
- Houston Rockets alternate uniform
- Steiner Sports
- Charlotte Hornets new brand identity
- Ira Glass, The Gap
The next guest is Hans Anderson, senior concept developer at ESPN. Hans will be joining Adam to discuss is work in the Emerging Technologies department at ESPN where his team is in charge of inventing new realtime and augmented reality technology.