The Metawatch, which has been shipping since late 2012, comes in two models today. They are available through Amazon and the company's own website. Initial response by early users has been mixed as many await software updates to enables new features promised earlier such as social network notifications.
in 2006, Fossil and Sony Ericsson produced the first Bluetooth watches.
Those sold well until 2009, when Fossil started to invest more heavily
in their fashion watches and Sony launched its own line of smart
watches. In 2011, a team of investors led by Juha Pinomaa acquired the
connected watch assets from Fossil. Fossil executives Bill Geiser and
David Rosales were named CEO and CTO respectively.
- Models: two; Meta and Strata
- Pricing Meta - $129; Strata - $199
- Smartphone compatibility: Android, iOS
- Connectivity: Bluetooth
- Water resistant: Yes
- Third party apps: Yes, open development platform
- Water Resistance Rating 5 ATM (STRATA)
- 3 ATM (FRAME)
- Display 96x96 pixel sunlight-readable, reflective mirror display (Polymer Network LCD technology)
- Alerts Vibration
- Buttons - 6
- Battery Life 5-7 days
- Wireless Technology Dual Mode, Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology (BR/BLE)
- Sensors 3-axis MEMS accelerometer
- Ambient light sensor