Even though Sony had good numbers for their last smartwatch, it was riddled with bugs. Now, the Sony Smartwatch 2 is here. The third generation smartwatch from Sony is a companion smartwatch for Android devices that utilizes Near Field Communication for pairing. It's been available since late September 2013 for approximately $260.
- Type: Companion smartwatch
- Only pairs with Android phones
- Price: $170
- Available since Early October 2013
- Dimensions: 42 x 9 x 41 mm
- Weight: 122.5 grams
- USB microcharging
- Water resistance: IP57
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Capacitive LCD touchscreen, 1.6"
- Battery: normal usage 3-4 days
- Compatible only with Android phones using Android 4.0 and later
- Call handling (answer, reject, mute, volume handling)
- Missed call notification
- App: SMS/MMS, Email, Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Music remote extension/music handling, Calendar, Slideshow