Guest: Capture Your Flag's Erik Michielsen
Today's guest is Mike's old research industry friend, Erik Michielsen. Unlike Mike, Erik escaped the research business to launch a 'near-peer' career learning and education resource company.
Erik talks about what he has learned launching a content company, his innovative effort to capture the stories of people early in their careers and over time, how this "longitudinal" approach to storytelling is a true differentiator in the Buzzfeed era, and he talks about how packaging up his content in different ways as he experiments with different forms of monetization.
In the first half of the show, Mike & David talk about:
- The Nike Fuelband shutdown (and the inevitable bad coverage of the news)
- Klout's Cinch shutdown
- Why accepting Bitcoin is the new "download my app"
- Facebook launches nearby friends (and what this means for Foursquare)
- We read a letter from listener Michael Gantt (thanks Michael!)
- Mike professes his love for True Detective
You can find out more about Erik and Capture Your Flag at: www.captureyourflag.com/
Tear Down Show listeners, we’ve got lots of new ways for you to participate in the show.
Email us at email@example.com
Leave a message on the Tear Down Show line 206-350-6206
Connect with David Spark on Twitter at @dspark.
Connect with Michael Wolf on Twitter at @michaelwolf.
Please send us your feedback. We want to hear from you and put your input in our show.
Find the Tear Down Show at www.technology.fm/teardownshow/